Fire Service Incident Command Level 3 Acquisition
The course is aimed at fire service group managers who will command operational incidents involving eight to ten appliances and undertake liaison as a Silver Commander during a TCG at multi-agency incidents (JESIP).
At the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
1. Collect information through observation and consultation with the Level Two incident commander, interpret an IIMARCH briefing, draw conclusions and agree on further action with the incident commander to progress the resolution of the incident.
2. Produce a tactical plan to resolve the incident, evaluating and taking into account all influencing factors and complexity of the situation at this level, including the higher level of hazard and risk.
3. Identify and generate tactical solutions to meet actual and anticipate problems as the incident progresses using decision controls.
4. Evaluate the circumstances where operational discretion is required and implement it.
5. Liaise with other services using JESIP principles to identify all relevant issues and generate combined solutions, including deployment of joint resources.
6. Identify the level of support required and provide direction to the incident and sector commanders and support officers.
7. Conduct a comprehensive handover brief with the Level Four incident commander.
8. Develop an appreciation of the factors influencing strategic commanders.
9. Analyse the incident outcomes, direct a full debrief of the incident and produce recommendations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Group managers in development for the role and competent group managers seeking incident command refresher opportunities.
Delegates will undertake taught input from a qualified tutor with Level 3 command experience, case studies, professional discussions, summative assessment and a practical scenario simulation using role players.
Delegates will produce an online portfolio of evidence of competence against National Occupational Standard EFSM2.
Continuing Professional Development Office
£3895 plus VAT per course (two delegates) at our Kent centres.
£1348 plus VAT per online delegate place
Price on application for delivery at your centre.
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non-attendance of the client’s delegates at the client’s venue for a booked event. Cancellations due to delegate non-attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption (i.e. operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges:
(i) Less than seven days from the reserved date, the full cost of the course is due.
(ii) between 8 to 14 days prior to the reserved date, 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels, loss of business payment to sessional tutors, student awarding body registrations and other associated costs).
(iii) more than 14 days prior to the reserved date, cancellation incurs no charge.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07972259970 for more information.