Fire Service Incident Command Level 3 Acquisition (Virtual)
The course is aimed at fire service group managers who will command operational incidents involving eight to ten appliances and undertake liaison as a Silver Commander during a TCG at multi-agency incidents(JESIP).
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
1. Collect information through observation and consultation with the L2 incident commander, draw conclusions and agree on further action with the incident commander to progress the resolution of the incident.
2. Produce a tactical plan to resolve the incident, taking account of all influencing factors and complexity of the situation at this level including the higher level of hazard and risk.
3. Generate tactical solutions to meet actual and anticipate problems as the incident progresses using decision controls.
4. Apply operational discretion where required.
5. Liaise with other services using JESIP principles to identify all relevant issues and generate combined solutions, including deployment of joint resources.
6. Provide support and direction to the incident and sector commanders and support officers.
7. Conduct a comprehensive handover brief with the L4 incident commander.
8. Have an appreciation of the factors influencing strategic commanders.
9. Direct a full debrief of the incident and produce recommendations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Station Managers in development for the role and Group managers who have some operational experience at this level but require formal validation.
Zoom or MS Teams
HOW DOES VIRTUAL WORK?
1. Your delegate/s enrol onto the course.
2. We assign a tutor to the course and all of the taught input is delivered to the delegates via video conferencing just the same as if they were in sitting in a teaching room with us.
3. Our tutors are pretty flexible and the virtual course can even be delivered in the evenings or at weekends.
4.No travelling or hotel accommodation, travel expense or training rooms required.
5. Our practical simulations are delivered using live role players in video conferencing.
6. The practical simulation usually last for two hours including debriefing,
7. No software download is required to access our video conferencing suite of rooms but delegates do need a PC or laptop, webcam and microphone and a decent internet connection.
WATCH YOUR DELEGATES ASSESSMENT REMOTELY?
We can live stream your delegates practical assessment onto YouTube. Delegates supervisory officers or specialist training officers can watch remotely from their desks and monitor quality and performance with ease without travelling. The video is also available for restricted access post completion of the course as evidence of competence.
Two(can be split into modules)
1. Undertake an online pre-course prep module.
2. Undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualified tutor at Area Manager level, case studies and a practical scenario incident simulation assessment using virtual conferencing and seven live role players.
3. Produce a portfolio of video and electronic evidence.
CPD Standards Office
£2931 plus VAT per delegate place
We invoice you at the point of enrolment on the virtual course so there are no cancellation charges.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07972259970 for more information.