Fire Service Incident Command Level 2 Acquisition (virtual)
The course is aimed at fire service station managers who will command operational incidents involving four to seven pumps and undertake liaison at multi-agency incidents (JESIP).
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
1. Collect information through observation and consultation with the L1 incident commander, draw conclusions and agree on further action with the incident commander to progress the resolution of the incident.
2. Produce a tactical plan, taking account of all influencing factors and complexity of the situation at this level including the increased level of hazard and risk.
3. Generate tactical solutions to meet problems as the incident progresses using decision controls.
4. Liaise with other services using JESIP principles to identify all relevant issues and generate combined solutions, including deployment of joint resources.
5. Provide support and direction to the incident and sector commanders and support officers.
6. Conduct a comprehensive handover briefing with the L3 incident commander.
7. Take part in a debrief with the command team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Watch managers in development for a station officer role or recently promoted Station Officers.
Zoom or Cisco Webex
HOW DOES VIRTUAL WORK?
1. Your delegate/s enrol on the course.
2. We assign a tutor to the course and all of the taught input is delivered to the delegates via video conferencing just the same as if they were in sitting in a teaching room with us.
3. Our tutors are pretty flexible and the virtual course can even be delivered in the evenings or at weekends.
4.No travelling or hotel accommodation, travel expense or training rooms required.
5. Our practical simulations are delivered using live role players in video conferencing.
6. The practical simulation usually lasts for two hours including debriefing,
7. No software download is required to access our video conferencing suite of rooms but delegates do need a PC or laptop, webcam and microphone and a decent internet connection.
WATCH YOUR DELEGATES ASSESSMENT REMOTELY?
We can live stream your delegate’s practical assessment onto YouTube. Delegates’ supervisory officers or specialist training officers can watch remotely from their desks and monitor quality and performance with ease without travelling. The video is also available for restricted access post completion of the course as evidence of competence.
Four two-hour professional discussions and one two-hour practical simulation with a tutor and live role players using video conferencing software.
Complete an online pre-course prep module.
Undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualified tutor, case studies and a practical scenario simulation assessment.
Produce an e-portfolio of evidence of competence.
Institute of Leadership and Management
£1261 plus VAT per delegate place
We invoice you at the point of enrolment on the virtual course so there are no cancellation charges.
Contact email@example.com or call 07972259970 for more information.