Fire Service Incident Command Level 2 Acquisition (onsite)
The course is aimed at fire service station managers who will command operational incidents involving four to seven pumps and undertake liaison at multi-agency incidents (JESIP).
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
1. Collect information through observation and consultation with the L1 incident commander, draw conclusions and agree on further action with the incident commander to progress the resolution of the incident.
2. Produce a tactical plan, taking account of all influencing factors and complexity of the situation at this level including the increased level of hazard and risk.
3. Generate tactical solutions to meet problems as the incident progresses using decision controls.
4. Liaise with other services using JESIP principles to identify all relevant issues and generate combined solutions, including deployment of joint resources.
5. Provide support and direction to the incident and sector commanders and support officers.
6. Conduct a comprehensive handover briefing with the L3 incident commander.
7. Take part in a debrief with the command team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Recently promoted Station Officers who are in development for the role or undertaking a temporary promotion at this level.
Complete an online pre-course prep module.
Undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualified tutor, case studies and a practical scenario simulation assessment.
Produce an e-portfolio of evidence of competence.
Simulations will be conducted using Digital Combustion Fire Studio software.
Institute of Leadership & Management
£1566 plus VAT per delegate at one of our Kent centres. Minimum two delegates per course
Price on application for delivery at your centre.
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non-attendance of the client’s delegates at the client venue for a booked event. Cancellations due to delegate non-attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption (i.e operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges:
(i) less than 7 days from the reserved date, the full cost of the course is due.
(ii) between 8 to 14 days prior to the reserved date, 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels, loss of business payment to sessional tutors, student awarding body registrations and other associated costs).
(iii) more than 14 days prior to the reserved date, cancellation incurs no charge.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07972259970 for more information.