Fire Service Incident Command Level 1 Acquisition (virtual)
Prepare fire commanders who will manage first strike operations at incidents involving one to three fire appliances.
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
1. Understand the requirements of a Level 1 commander as prescribed in the National Occupational Guidance Foundation for Incident Command
2. Understand the requirements of the JESIP Joint doctrine applied by operational commanders at multi-agency response incidents.
3. Able to use the JESIP App effectively.
4. Understand the principle of risk management and risk against gain judgements at operational incidents.
5. Understand the application of a tactical operational mode.
6. Develop a tactical plan of action covering hazards and risks, initial objectives, progress, use of resources, the performance of people and resolution of the incident.
7. Ensure that the plan is realistic, achievable and will meet the objectives.
8. Continuously review the information and adjust plans to meet changing needs of incidents.
9. Make sound judgements regarding priorities for action based on risk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Crew and Watch Managers in-development for the role.
Zoom or Cisco Webex
HOW DOES VIRTUAL WORK?
1. Your delegate/s enrol onto the course.
2. We assign a tutor to the course and all of the taught input is delivered to the delegates via video conferencing just the same as if they were in sitting in a teaching room with us.
3. Our tutors are pretty flexible and the virtual course can even be delivered in the evenings or at weekends.
4.No travelling or hotel accommodation, travel expense or training rooms required.
5. Our practical simulations are delivered using live role players in video conferencing.
6. The practical simulation usually last for two hours including debriefing,
7. No software download is required to access our video conferencing suite of rooms but delegates do need a PC or laptop, webcam and microphone and a decent internet connection.
WATCH YOUR DELEGATES ASSESSMENT REMOTELY?
We can live stream your delegates practical assessment onto YouTube. Delegates supervisory officers or specialist training officers can watch remotely from their desks and monitor quality and performance with ease without travelling. The video is also available for restricted access post completion of the course as evidence of competence.
undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualified tutor, case studies and a practical scenario simulation assessment.
produce an e-portfolio of evidence of competence.
Performa a practical scenario assessment can be conducted using your in-house simulator or our Fire Studio software.
Institute of Leadership and Management
£1157 plus VAT per delegate place
We invoice you at the point of enrolment on the virtual course so there are no cancellation charges.
Contact email@example.com or call 07972259970 for more information.