Fire Service Incident Command Level 4 Acquisition (virtual)
The course is aimed at ﬁre service principle and area managers who will command large scale operational incidents involving more than ten appliances.
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
1. Collect information through observation and consultation with the L3 incident commander, draw conclusions and agree on further action with the incident commander to progress the resolution of the incident.
2. Identify the strategic priorities of the incident and generate a plan to resolve them.
3. Remain ﬂexible and generate strategic solutions as the incident progresses.
4. Conduct inter-agency brieﬁngs with other services to identify all relevant issues and generate combined solutions, including deployment of joint resources using JESIP principles and practices
5. Provide support and direction to the tactical commander and support ofﬁcers.
6. Ensure that the resilience of the service is taken into account within the large scale tactical deployment.
7. Conduct a media brieﬁng.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Area Managers and Principal Officers who require formal validation for strategic command.
Zoom or MS Teams
HOW DOES VIRTUAL WORK?
1. Your delegate/s enrol onto the course.
2. We assign a tutor to the course and all of the taught input is delivered to the delegates via video conferencing just the same as if they were in sitting in a teaching room with us.
3. Our tutors are pretty flexible and the virtual course can even be delivered in the evenings or at weekends.
4.No travelling or hotel accommodation, travel expense or training rooms required.
5. Our practical simulations are delivered using live role players in video conferencing.
6. The practical simulation usually last for two hours including debriefing,
7. No software download is required to access our video conferencing suite of rooms but delegates do need a PC or laptop, webcam and microphone and a decent internet connection.
WATCH YOUR DELEGATES ASSESSMENT REMOTELY?
We can live stream your delegates practical assessment onto YouTube. Delegates supervisory officers or specialist training officers can watch remotely from their desks and monitor quality and performance with ease without travelling. The video is also available for restricted access post completion of the course as evidence of competence.
Two days(can be split into modules)
1. Undertake an online pre-course prep module.
2. Undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualified tutor, at CFO level, case studies and a practical scenario incident simulation assessment using virtual conferencing and eight live role players.
3. Produce a portfolio of video and electronic evidence.
CPD Standards Office
£3151 plus VAT per delegate place
We invoice you at the point of enrolment on the virtual course so there are no cancellation charges.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07972259970 for more information.