SfJ Awards Level 6 Advanced Incident Command in Fire and Rescue Services Qualification Number: 610/0187/9
This course aims to accredit the knowledge and skills development of fire and rescue service learners in providing operational command responses at an advanced level (Group and Area Manager).
At the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
1. Understand the principles of decision-making when leading people to resolve operational incidents.
2. Understand a tactical approach to resolving operational incidents.
3. Understand command and leadership skills within Incident Command.
4. Understand the principles of risk management when leading people to resolve operational incidents.
5. Understand joint working and interoperability.
6. Understand the principles of debriefing following an operational incident.
7. Be able to evaluate the status of an operational incident.
8. Be able to assume responsibility for action to support those involved in an operational incident.
9. Be able to close down the operational phase of an incident
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Group Managers in development or competent seeking continuing professional development.
Case studies, presentations, tactical command exercises and practical simulation with a tutor/assessor with extensive command experience at this level.
Pre-course online module
Five days face to face taught input and practical simulation
Completion of six two-hour face to face professional discussion modules via video conferencing at a time to suit the delegate.
Skills for Justice
£3588 plus VAT per delegate at our Kent centre. (Minimum of two delegates)
POA for single delegates or delivery at your centre
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non-attendance of the client’s delegates at the client’s venue for a booked event. Cancellations due to delegate non-attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption (i.e. operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges:
(i) less than seven days from the reserved date, the full cost of the course is due
(ii) between 8 to 14 days prior to the reserved date, 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels, loss of business payment to sessional tutors, student awarding body registrations and other associated costs)
(iii) more than 14 days prior to the reserved date, cancellation incurs no charge.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07972259970 for more information.