SFJ Awards Level 6 Award in Revalidation for Advanced Incident Command in Fire and Rescue Services Qualification Number: 610/0188/0
To revalidate holders of the full SfJ Advanced Incident Command award to meet the requirements of National Operational Guidance
At the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
1. Gather information from available sources to gain accurate situational awareness and understanding
2. Analyse the relevant factors prior to taking command of operational incidents
3. Determine the effectiveness of the current command team
4. Evaluate the status, direction and actions of the tactical plan to support the existing Incident Commander
5. Take command of the incident in a timely manner
6. Assume command of the incident and take action to meet the needs of an incident.
7. Implement a safe, effective and appropriate plan to support the resolution of an operational incident
8. Communicate the plan to other levels of command and multi-agency partners
9. Delegate responsibilities for any necessary functions and investigations
10. Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of the operational resources available
11. Match resources to the needs of the incident
12. Confirm the results of risk assessments
13. Action the results of risk assessments
14. Control identified hazards and risks within the incident as detailed in the UKFRS Decision Control Process
15. Liaise with Fire and Rescue staff and other agencies in line with agreed working principles and models to ensure effective responses
16. Ensure the area under own control is fit for handover to the appropriate person, agency or authority
17. Contribute to a post-incident debrief
18. Analyse and record learning opportunities arising from the incident
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Incident Commanders who hold the SfJ Advanced Incident Command qualification and require formal re-validation.
NUMBER OF DELEGATES
GUIDED LEARNING HOURS
Delegates will undertake an online prep course, a written assessment, a professional discussion with a qualified tutor and a practical scenario simulation assessment.
Delegates will produce an e-portfolio of evidence of competence.
Skills for Justice
£2447 plus VAT at one of our Kent venues.
£1480 plus VAT per online delegate place
Price on application for onsite delivery at your venue of choice.
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non-attendance of the client’s delegates at the client venue for a booked event. Cancellations due to delegate non-attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption (i.e. operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges:
(i) Less than seven days from the reserved date, the full cost of the course is due
(ii) between 8 to 14 days prior to the reserved date, 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels, loss of business payment to sessional tutors, student awarding body registrations and other associated costs)
(iii) more than 14 days prior to the reserved date, cancellation incurs no charge.
Contact email@example.com or call 07972259970 for more information.