Incident Command Level 1(Bronze)
The course is aimed at fire service crew and watch commanders who will command first strike operations at incidents involving one to three fire appliances.
- Understand the principle of risk management and risk against gain judgements at operational incidents.
- Understand the application of a tactical operational mode.
- Develop a tactical plan of action covering hazards and risks, initial objectives, progress, use of resources, performance of people and resolution of incident.
- Ensure that the plan is realistic, achievable and will meet the objectives.
- Continuously review information and adjust plans to meet changing needs of incidents.
- Make sound judgments regarding priorities for action based on risk.
- Conduct a comprehensive handover briefing with the Level 2 incident commander.
- Undertake sector command role at a level 2 incident.
- Conduct a hot debrief with crews.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?￼
Station Managers and Watch Managers in-development for the role.
This course is also available as an online programme from our VIrtual Learning Environment
￼Delegates will undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualified tutor, case studies and a practical scenario simulation assessment.
• Delegates will produce an e- portfolio of evidence of competence.
• Practical scenario assessment can be conducted using your in house simulator(Vector, Minerva).
• Digital Combustion or similar software will be used if you wish to tailor the scenarios to specific risks in your service
￼Institute of Leadership and Management
￼£2500 plus VAT per course at our Chatham Centre or your venue.
£950 plus VAT per one to one(single delegate place at our Chatham Centre
£399 per delegate online inclusive of VAT
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non attendance of client’s delegates at the client venue for a booked event.Cancellations due to delegate non attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption(i.e operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges;
(i) less than 7 days full cost of the course is due.
(ii)8-14 days 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels,loss of business payment to sessional tutors,student awarding body registrations and other associated costs)
(iii)Over 14 days no charge.
WHAT IS ONE TO ONE TRAINING?
We take your single delegate through exactly the same course input as a full course,one to one with one of our highly experienced trainers and then assess them in simulation .The course shortens from two days to one for a one to one delegate.
Contact email@example.com or call 07972259970 for more information.