Multi Function Support Officer
Multi Function Support Ofﬁcer
The course is aimed at ﬁre service ofﬁcers who are required to undertake the following functional support roles-Command Support(CSO),Water Ofﬁcer,Safety Ofﬁcer and BA Sector Commander
At the end of the course the learner will:
- Obtain, verify, and summarise information from ﬁre service personnel, other agencies, general public and specialists at a range of incidents and distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Determine relevance, accuracy and reliability of information from a range of sources, and within critical timescales and relay critical messages and information to Incident Commander .
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete records relating to personnel, incident progress and other requirements at incidents.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of self, team, incident commander and other agencies at incidents
- Obtain the information required by incident commanders prioritising that which critical and time sensitive.
- Plan, resource and manage a water sector at a large incident.
- Undertake an assessment of water requirements for an operational incident using the Tactical Flow Rate and Number of Jets methodologies.
- Select an appropriate water strategy using water carrying or water relay.
- Estimate the frictional loss in Porter and Hi volume hose water relays
- Complete a water survey and recommend an appropriate water strategy to the Incident Commander.
- Implement (in simulation) the water management strategy as directed.
- Plan, resource and conduct a safety sector at a large incident.
- Undertake an analytical risk assessment as a Safety Sector Commander.
- Proactively seek out and identify hazards at an operational incident
- Make recommendations to the Incident Commander to mitigate or eliminate hazard as an outcome of the analytical risk assessment.
- Keep accurate and timely records of risk identiﬁcation and how each hazard was mitigated or eliminated.
- Provide BA emergency team resource requirements to BA entry control points
- Be responsible for BA resources and logistics
- Be responsible for BA wearers’ welfare, and establish appropriate rest and recuperation areas
- Operate within the command support structure and work alongside and closely with other command support colleagues
- Establish and maintain communications with all BA entry control points
- Identify the location of each BA entry control point and record the name of each BA entry control operative
- Establish and record the availability of BA, associated equipment and personnel at the incident
- Take account of any time variations between BA entry control board clocks
- Establish and record the requirements for relief teams of BA wearersEnsure that there are sufficient BA wearers to comprise the relief teams required by each BA entry control point, and ensure they arrive at the BA entry control point at least five minutes before required
- Maintain suitable and sufficient records
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any ﬁre ofﬁcer who will be required to undertake one of the functional roles at an operational incident.
Learners will :
Undertake a written assessment, taught input from a qualiﬁed tutor, explore case studies and participate in practical exercises.
Have access to an online Community of Practice after their course to support continuing professional development free for one year.
The practical simulations used will be conducted using Fire Studio /SimUShare software as a standard.
Institute of Leadership and Management
£3600 plus VAT at your Centre
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non attendance of client’s delegates at the client venue for a booked event.Cancellations due to delegate non attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption(i.e operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges;
(i) less than 7 days full cost of the course is due.
(ii)8-14 days 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels,loss of business payment to sessional tutors,student awarding body registrations and other associated costs)
(iii)Over 14 days no charge.
Contact email@example.com or call 07972259970 for more information.