Incident Command Level 3 (Silver Two)-venue based
Incident Command Level 3 (Silver Two)
The course is aimed at fire service group managers who will command operational incidents involving eight to ten appliances and undertake liaison as a Silver Commander during a TCG at multi agency incidents(JESIP).
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to;
1)Collect information through observation and consultation with the L2 incident commander, interpret an IIMARCH briefing, draw conclusions and agree further action with incident commander to progress the resolution of the incident.
2) Produce a tactical plan to resolve the incident, taking account of all influencing factors and complexity of the situation at this level including the higher level of hazard and risk.
3) Generate tactical solutions to meet actual and anticipating problems as the incident progresses using decision controls.
4) Apply operational discretion where required.
5) Liaise with other services using JESIP principles to identify all relevant issues and generate combined solutions, including deployment of joint resources.
6) Provide support and direction to incident and sector commanders and support officers.
7) Conduct a comprehensive handover brief with the Level 4 incident commander.
8) Have an appreciation of the factors influencing strategic commanders.
9) Direct a full debrief of the incident and produce recommendations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Group managers in development for the role and competent group managers seeking incident command refresher opportunities.
1 or 2 students.
Delegates will undertake taught input from a qualified tutor with Level 3 command experience, case studies, professional discussions, summative assessment and a practical scenario simulation using role players.
Delegates will produce an online portfolio of evidence of competence against National Occupational Standard EFSM2
Institute of Leadership and Management
£3110(plus VAT) per course at one of our Kent centres
Price on application for delivery at your centre
Peter Stanley Training is not responsible for the non-attendance of client’s delegates at the client venue for a booked event.Cancellations due to delegate non attendance or other foreseeable business activity disruption(i.e operational requirements or industrial action) are subject to the following charges;
(i) less than 7 days full cost of the course is due.
(ii)8-14 days 50% of course cost (to cover pre-booked tutor hotels, loss of business payment to sessional tutors, student awarding body registrations and other associated costs)
(iii)Over 14 days no charge
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07972259970 for more information.